Thursday, March 13, 2014

Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2) by Kiersten White {REVIEW}

Book Title: Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2)

Author: Kiersten White
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Romance, Paranormal
Publication Date: February 18th 2014
                                   by HarperTeen

[REVIEW COPY]

Blurb:

Annie and Fia are ready to fight back.
The sisters have been manipulated and controlled by the Keane Foundation for years, trapped in a never ending battle for survival. Now they have found allies who can help them truly escape. After faking her own death, Annie has joined a group that is plotting to destroy the Foundation. And Fia is working with James Keane to bring his father down from the inside.






But Annie's visions of the future can't show her who to trust in the present. And though James is Fia's first love, Fia knows he's hiding something. The sisters can rely only on each other - but that may not be enough to save them.

ADD TO GOODREADSADD TO BOOKLIKES

PURCHASE/PRE-ORDER:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062135848?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0062135848&linkCode=xm2&tag=invogwitboo-20 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EN5ERTS?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B00EN5ERTS&linkCode=xm2&tag=invogwitboo-21


My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

My Review:


Oh my freaking hell! This is one of the most adventurous, action packed, tension filled, nail bitingly good books I've read within these past years! I don't even know where to start from! Should I talk about Fia first? OR my dearest Annie? Or James? Adam? The person from Annie's vision with the "hands"? Gaaahhh it's becoming a torture -_- I guess I'll just rant like a loonie and y'all have to understand and bear with me:p

The cover. OMG. It is TERRIFIC. I mean both of the versions. (which is why I couldn't help putting up both here :p) It is possible that looking too close at the UK version may even give you a sudden creepy feeling o_O

According to many of my friends and bloggers who have read opine that this book is more about romance and less action. Well, it is true, to an extent. But I hate romance only when it messes with the plot. I, however, didn't feel the plot was compromised or butchered because of the romance element. So I'm all merry ^.^

Now straight to my ranting. First...Sofia, girl I already love you, since Mind Games..but if it makes any difference, YOU ARE AWWWWWWSOME XD I was practically visualizing whenever I read a scene with you fighting off people, throwing stuff and killing them so smoothly; what a finesse you have! (Does it make me sound crude? Never mind lol) I loved how Kiersten has kept up the consistency of her character. She is quite a new Sofia and yet, the author made her so without butchering her antics and characteristic traits. LOVED HER. Period.

James. Hmmm. I can't say anything in case of giving away any spoiler..but he is all in all a hard puzzle to crack. Throughout Book 1 and 2 I was swinging between decisions regarding James's character. You can never know what this boy is actually up to...and until the end you cannot decide. It's a pain sometimes but I guess that is what makes it so worth reading.

Adam...erm he is the usual fellow. The sweet cute caring guy. I just wish I could have more of him contributing in the end. (I'm a sucker for good boy happy endings I guess). Among other noticeable boys, we get to meet a new one here, named Cole. Not wanting to give away any spoilers *wink wink*, he is way more important than he may seem at first, so be careful before you start hating him or anything like that!

Talking of important, I've kept probably the most important character of this book to mention at last. My sweet, sweetest Annie. Be as much gaping-mouthed you can seeing me taking this 360 degree turn for Annie, I couldn't care leas. If I love Fia, I adore, admire, almost venerated Annie. If Fia gets a flying kiss from me, I'll give Annie a awkward sudden teddy hug (and let me tell you not many people get that kinda hug from me, you've got to be verrry special to get one). She steals the show, almost literally. In Book 1, she is more of a baggage, to everybody, mostly to Fia. But in Book 2, she does what nobody could, she does the unthinkable (now, don't go too overboard with your thoughts on this here). Her decision and action had left me practically gasping (luckily no one was around). The ending, for me, is the best part of the book. Though I didn't see Fia the way I wanted her to see (I'm a sucker for 'all's well' kinda ending), and was obviously was craving for more on that part particularly, I cannot complain. Kiersten seals my mouth with an awestruck ending.
Perfect problems, perfect planning, perfect action, perfect execution of plot and to top it off, a P-E-R-F-E-C-T ending, Perfect Lies has it ALL.

 

- Lady Inck