Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA Day 1 : Introductions


Hey there lovelies!! It's been a crazy week for me...but I'm finally back :)

I was hoping to post a  few reviews of my reads from last week and put up a participation post for Armchair BEA, but my hectic schedule didn't let me. So I decided to put up my Day 1's Introductory post, along with today's topic at Armchair BEA, If you still don't know what this event is all about, check it out on their official site: Armchair BEA-

If you're a book blogger who can't attend Book Expo America and/or the BEA Blogger Convention in New York this May, you don't have to miss all the fun - this virtual convention is the place to be! Watch this space for all the news about daily blogging themes, discussions, giveaways and more!

Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?

I am Munira, an Asian blogger and a pathetically unpredictable girl whose only constant habit, hobby and love is reading. I have been blogging for a very long time now. My first book blog had been on Blogger but it got deleted for some unknown mysterious reason. I started this one at the beginning of 2013, so it's been a year and about four months over here, in this blog. Two of the main reasons I had gotten into blogging: a. this provides me a place to fangirl about anything bookish as much as I want, without following anyone else's made-up rules (I have a serious aversion for rules!) b. Reading has left me kind of socially impaired :p so even though I have a gigantic amount of friends, I have zero people around me when it comes to talk about books and reading and all these things. Blogging has given me some of the bestest book buddies of the universe :)

Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details -- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. -- so we can connect more online.

A perfect place to look for bookish rants by a lunatic reader who can't seem to keep her thoughts and fangirling under control.
Even though I'm socially awkward, I squeal like a kid when I meet anybody who's got a similar taste and passion for reading as myself. So you can sent a messenger bird in any of the following places:
What genre do you read the most? I love to read because ___________________ .

Young Adult. If you go by the rules of age, I suppose I should be reading New Adult and other Adult genres. But who cares about the rules anyways? :D That doesn't mean I never read NA books. Some of my all-time favorites are from this genre. But whenever I see a pretty YA cover or come across an interesting-looking or sounding book, I CAN'T help it *grabby hands* Somehow I feel a pull towards YA more, for reasons I myself don't know!

What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like? (Pinterest encouraged!)

Here we go:

I can read almost anywhere, as long as it is a little comfy. I love reading mostly when the weather's nice outside, which for me, is raining. I love raining as long as I'm staying inside my house and have a good book to curl up with. I hope to have reading places like the following ones someday:

Source
Source


Source
 I would have loved this too, sadly I don't think I'll fit :(
Source


Oh, and I have an eternal love for hammocks. I remember having one in my pre-teen years. It belonged to my Grandpops. And I have loved them since then...aren't they all beautiful???

Source

Source 
Source
Source
What book would you love to see as a movie?

There is quite a list. A few would be A G Howard's Splintered Series, Marissa Meyer's series Lunar Chronicles, Lisa M Basso's Angel Sight series and Sarah J Maas' Throne of Glass. Mostly because they all are wonderful books, full of interesting things going on. It would be a real challenge to show all that in a movie, and I would totally love to see how it turns out (Though there's a huge possibility I would die of grief if any of these doesn't turn out at least decent enough compared to the books).

So, any of you participating? Well, you can still sign up if you haven't yet. Just head over at Armchair BEA Headquarters and sign up, easy peasy :D Leave your post links in the comments, I would love to get to know you xD


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Even if I cannot reply to all, I would love to hear from you. Have a great day :)