Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Armchair BEA Day 3: Expanding Blogging Horizons




Hello! So I'm glad to fianlly catch up with the schedule of Armchair BEA :) Looking at my workload, it seemed for a moment that I won't be even able to see what everyone's upto this time, glad I could beat my schedule *fistbumps with self*.

So, today's topic of discussion is 'Expanding Blogging Horizons & Novellas/Short Stories'. Since I haven't read much short stories for a long time, I think I'll pass the latter. 

What do you think about when you think about going beyond blogging or expanding your horizons? Is it a redesign of your blog? Have you branched out into freelance writing or even published a novel of your very own? Or, have you moved into a different venue like podcasts or vlogging? This is the day to tell us about how you have expanded on blogging in your own unique way.

Firstly, I had started out blogging as a hobby. In this process, I have gotten to know loads of really wonderful people since then, many of them have even ended up becoming my book besties :) I feel all this is more than I could ever ask for. So in terms of book blogging, I am content with what I have right now. 

In terms of reading though, I plan to widen the range of my reading genres. I hope to read as many classics as possible. I am very much into Young Adult genre, but I have always loved classics like Dickens, Haggard though I haven't been able to read all of their works. In terms of reviewing, I'm trying really hard to use whatever spare time I manage to get in posting up my reviews that have been sitting in the Drafts area for all eternity. Though I don't want to strain myself, since that would contradict my blogging hobby in the first place. 

But yes, in terms of blog designing, I am strongly aiming to improve myself gradually. It may not be anything of professional sort though. I have completed my Major in English Literature and Linguistics, a totally non-tech subject, but blog designing is something I really enjoy doing at those times when I'm having a break from reading or book blogging. Once I have sorted the major things out, I may start a blog design site of my own as well, just to see how it turns out.

And defying general expectations, I can never even dare to attempt to write anything even close to a novel or a whole book even though I'm doing my Masters on the same subject right now (Sheesh! I am such a disgrace). It's not like I lack creativity or anything, but as I always keep saying, I am horribly unpredictable, and writing requires devotion and determination, so no, not my cup of tea. 

Then, I have this terrible camera consciousness so everytime I am being recorded in any way, I try to hide myself as much as possible. And if I'm going to be vlogging with full on hoodie and scarves, it's better not to do that at all. So no vlogging on the cards so far either. So yeah, that's pretty much my plan so far.

Do you expect to expand your blogging horizon? If so, how?? Let me know in the comments :D


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Even if I cannot reply to all, I would love to hear from you. Have a great day :)