Sunday, October 1, 2017

Book blogger's post-hiatus rant

One of the main reasons I'd started this blog was to have a place where I could pour out all my shallow fangirlish thoughts, no boundaries, no judgments, no nothing. I have come a long way since then, seen a lot of things, been through a lot--one thing that probably hasn't changed (as much) is my constant pull towards a good read. I'd rather choose reading over sleeping any day if I could. However, life happens, and then you are given a set of priorities that needs to come before everything else. Currently I'm in a situation where I have to study, work and manage everything practically by myself. I'm not complaining: after all, I did take "the road less traveled by" (Frost is my favorite poet, in case you were wondering where that reference came from all of a sudden).

So, yes, I will be posting my bookish thoughts here, because, hey, a girl's gotta live. But it may not be as regular as I used to do before. And it may not be as long as I used to write before. I'll still try to post reviews and hauls and stuff, but I've never wanted book blogging to appear more like an obligation or a task to me, so I'm not going to push myself if I don't feel like writing longer reviews or doing something only because everyone is doing it. Life is already hard for me as it is (again, not complaining), and whatever I'm going through right now is like a whole new BIG, intimidating, thrilling experience and an experiment for me...so I think I could skip other complications for now.

In the past, I've posted here because I loved to do so, and that's exactly how it is going to be in the future as well. If you're reading this: thank you for bearing with the rant, and welcome :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Even if I cannot reply to all, I would love to hear from you. Have a great day :)