Friday, May 30, 2014

Armchair BEA Day 5: My First Three Blog Loves

Welcome to Day 5, the FINAL day of discussions at Armchair BEA 2014! If you are participating, today's the day when you can discuss a topic of your own choice, it can be about anything like blogging games, events, activities, thoughts etc. Additionally, you can also talk about today's main topic: Middle Grade/ Young Adult.
Topic of Choice 
Today is the day to talk about something that you feel we have missed or that you want to spend a little extra time chatting about. Ideas include, but are not limited to: a genre that does not fit into those featured earlier this week; logistics, such as blogging resources, procedures, or advice; or something completely fun with book to movie adaptations or favorite blogging games, features, memes, events, and/or activities. It’s your freebie day to choose what you like! 
Well, so I'm just thinking about listing the top three book blogs I came across while I had started out book blogging in the first place. They are my first favorite blogs, in terms of resources and features they showcase.


This was my lifesaver back when I didn't know how to insert the "colored box" in my posts. Well, I did know how to customize a blockquote but at that time I wasn't planning on doing that either, not before customizing other more important things. So I was just randomly surfing the net with no hope for finding a solution and then all of sudden it was there, this blog with a tutorial showing exactly how you can create a colored box and customize it in different ways. I remember myself squealing with happiness at the sudden apparently gigantic discovery :p But seriously, this blog has been one of my favorites since then, even though I don't follow it on a regular basis. It has got some pretty useful resources, so if you are just starting out or looking for something nice for your blog, consider having a peek at it (and no, I'm not being compensated in any way for recommending this :p)


One of the very few places that had helped me interact and socialize with fellow bloggers. As I keep saying, I'm too socially impaired to start a conversation and interact easily without sounding like a crazy person. But MizB has some really wonderful features to participate in, paving the way for meeting new bloggers every week. Of course, I couldn't continue participating because of  my crazy schedule. I remember doing the features for about two or three months or so after I had started blogging and then giving up altogether. But recently, I'm feeling like I should start participating again. It's really fun when you get to meet other bloggers and see what they've got to share. It gives me the warm and nice feeling that I'm not all alone in this crazy weird universe of reading ;)  


Call me a tool if you would, but as a beginner I had no clue about the obviously very well-known IMM feature that showcases weekly haul of books and other similar stuff. The very first weekly haul of any sort that I had found is Tynga's STS or Stacking the Shelves. I've enjoyed each and every single part of it, but then I had to stop participating weekly because of my constantly increasing study-load. Now I do hauls on a monthly basis, and even though I miss being a part of the weekly STSs, I try to link and catch up with others at the end of the month STS over there. If you don't do STS, I would still suggest you go see what these hauls are all about. Even for a secret stalker like me, it's a really comforting and nice place to be in.

So these are some of my personal favorites blogs, and even though I find almost all the blogs to be really awesome, these three hold a somehow special place in my heart because you know, first love and all that :p 

What about you? Do you have any favorite blog/s? Or a particular feature that you feel makes your blog pretteh???


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Even if I cannot reply to all, I would love to hear from you. Have a great day :)