Sunday, May 4, 2014

Retrospection: April'14 Wrap Up



Another month-end and another wrap up post. This month's been a crazy one. My happy times are over, since my post-exam holidays have come to an end and my Masters classes are going on at a full swing. My daily schedule is totally messed up and I don't know how am I going to manage reading, reviewing and fangirling over books and living my online life the way I used to with all these creepy things called 'studies' I'm having to deal with on a regular basis o.O Okay, let's not spoil my mood for now, let me bask in the awesome shower of books I've got this month and other awesome blossom things that happened (among all other daily life crapB)

First, I GOT A NEW BLOG DESIGN *squeals* Erm, ya, I know it's not supa-gaawhgeous or anything. I kind of started designing it a few months ago and then got stuck up in other stuff and restarted working on it only very recently. I was crucially bored with my old one and was in no mood to wait for my design Muse (who seems to have gone in an eternal hibernation) to wake up and help me do something utterly mind gobbling! Plus, I wanted to keep it fairly simple and plain while holding onto my previous color palette for posts, links, body and background (which was a combination basically of beige-turquoise-red-light yellow), so I finally resorted to the current design. I'm still fixing things up one by one, so if you come across something you think isn't right or or not working, please let me know in the comments, or you can always reach me on Twitter @myselfmunira 



Now, having said that, let's talk about other awesomesauce stuff that's happened in the last month-



I haven't watch much movies this month. Mostly because either I was too busy youtubing for all things Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars (Just freakin watch the latest #TFIOS trailer Okay?)



Brave
4 out of 5 stars. My most favorite part is Merida asking her own hand in marriage. Wish I could do that:D.

The Hunger Games 
Re watched since I was gonna watch Catching Fire next. Always a 5 star even though it cant be compared with the book. Josh and Jennifer and all the other cast and the whole crew make it a treat to the eyes.

Catching Fire

One word. EPIC. Even a 5 star is less. Idk how I'm gonna survive until the next movie comes out O.O

Beastly

3.5 out of 5 stars. It's said to be loosely based on Alex Flinn's Beastly so I wasn't expecting too much. It was good as a standalone movie. But it seemed way too short. The moment I started getting into the story, it was over :(

Once Upon A Time 
S03
CONTAINS SPOILER, SKIP if you haven't watched yet.
...
I am sad with Neal gone. But I am sadder Emma can't trust Hook anymore. She's got her valid reasons though. Though the situation was quite serious, I couldn't help laughing out loud when Zelena commented on Hook saying he has 'luscious lips', guess Emma should have been there too :p Gosh how I'm looking forward to Captain Swan scenes again *dreamy eyes *. Aaaand, I think Zelena may have already done some mumbo jumbo with Snow's baby, while she was putting up the midwife act. And the season's nearing it's finale *sigh *




Again, not much. I had to struggle to keep up with my schedule and I'm still lagging behind-

Of Breakable Things by A. Lynden Rolland
The Manhattan Ten Series by Lola Dodge
I Found You by Jane Lark
The Accidental Socialite by Stephanie Wahlstrom
The Midnight Spell by Rhiannon Frater & Kody Boye
Switched by Cassie Mae (Reread for review purpose)
Reboot by Amy Tintera
Rebel by Amy Tintera (Review to come)
Past Perfect by Leila Sales (Review to come)





Review copies and others-





Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

Scala by Christina Bauer

The Hunt by Stacey Kade

The Taking by Kimberly Derting

The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett

The Nightmare Dilemma  by Mindee Arnett


I tried to keep it to a minimum since I'm already far behind my schedule. I still got more than half of the books waiting to be read and reviewed  from the previous months. Even with all the classes and fatigue, I'm hopeful I'll make it this month :)

How was your month? Did you have a tough one like mine? Got some books? Come one, show me! :D




Follow on Bloglovin