Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy #3) by Wendy Higgins {REVIEW}

Book Title: Sweet Reckoning (Sweet Trilogy #3)
Author: Wendy Higgins
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal
Publication Date: April 29th 2014
                                   by HarperTeen

[REVIEW COPY]

Previous Book in the Series: Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2)

Blurb:

It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.
The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.
In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.
ADD TO GOODREADS
PURCHASE/PRE-ORDER: 

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

My Review:

Sweet Reckoning is one of the books I have been looking forward to reading since last year. I'm so glad it didn't disappoint me! Even though I have a wee bit complain about the epilogue the whole book was a-m-a-z-i-n-g xD


Anna.

Anna is much more of everything here. She is more mature, more courageous, braver, more romantic and sometimes more naughty, hehe. But she is a pretty likable package altogether. What I really liked is the fact that she has become more responsible and determined to fulfill the prophecy. Even at those moments when Kaidan seems to lose it, Anna helps him pull himself together.


Kaidan.

Kaidan is, ahem..as hot as usual. And his love for Anna is no less. It is testing time for him as well, and I would say he passes with distinction :) It's not like Pharzuph trusts him or anything. Yet, he still has to put up a facade of not wanting anything to do with the stupid daughter of Belial. In front of Pharzuph it's hard, but inf front of other Dukes, specially Astaroth, it is the hardest to hide the bond they share. As a Neph, Kai is only supposed to do the work he is given and stand aside as the Dukes decide the fate of the One Savior, the Nephiliam with a pure soul, his Anna. It's not easy.


The Plot.

The plot is very engrossing and eventful. Yes, it has plenty of romantic moments. I personally, am not a fan of too much romance, but since I knew one of the major themes of this series is romance, I won't complain. It's still suitable as a YA because the author never shows any intense scene too explicitly. I love the action here, the one with the Dukes. It's quite short but really intriguing nonetheless. I love how many of the Nephs turn out as allies to Anna. 


The Epilogue.

Okay, I am not happy with the epilogue. This is because a. it seems like the author was hurrying to put an end for which the whole part (except for where Kai gets emotional) seems distant and devoid of emotions. It's like some news reporter relaying what happened later. And b. I don't understand the whole 'Bambo' thing. Okay, that sounds kinda cute. But I'm still confused about the girl's dreaming thing. I read that part twice and still failed to understand whether it means anything. Am I missing something? Not sure. But for these most obvious reasons, I'm not quite happy with what the epilogue tells us.


BUY THE BOOK

 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Even if I cannot reply to all, I would love to hear from you. Have a great day :)